Erin says: Guilty as charged. I called it "Operation Pinkbomb" because the funniest way to shore up the holes in Evie's OHED was by getting her the girliest, pinkest items possible -- mainly because her cries of torment are so cute. She detests pink, y'see, but isn't in a position to turn down free gear.
Erin says: Eagerly? I believe you called me a bitch. :P
This is the first time I've reviewed something that I've been disappointed in. So here we go.
A review of the Go Girl female urination device.It's this little device that has the tag line "Don't take life sitting down."
My tag line addition: Don't bother buying.
I want to emphasize that the only thing that changes between using this device and just squatting/sitting is just that: you are standing. THAT'S IT!
I quote from the instructions:
"While standing, hold the Go Girl against your body to form a seal. Press with your thumb and middle finger stretching from front to back."Let's get something straight here: you can't do that through your zipper.
- You do the same amount of work in pulling your pants down or your skirt up.
- Women's underwear doesn't have a fly, so that has to come down too.
- You still have to wipe yourself clean (women can't shake themselves dry like men can), and you can't do that through a zipper.
- If you are menstruating and don't use tampons, it's...grossly messy and you will just end getting fluids all over the insides of your legs and on your clothing.
- You are NOT saving yourself any work.
- You are NOT giving yourself any more privacy.
Honestly, this thing feels like a high school girl's response to being teased by boys about having to sit down to pee.
"Surely there are some good things about this, Evie?"Well, I really had to sit and throw this idea around with DR (Yeah, he's a brave man). There are two situations I can think of where using this thing might be a good idea:
- You have to urinate into a bottle because you're in a tent, on a road trip and the driver won't stop, etc.
- The toilet seat is highly questionable.
These are the only two things I can think of where the Go Girl would give you even a small advantage. That's an incredibly small niche. It's a novel idea, but... well... it's not practical in my world.
FCC Disclaimer: This product was bought for Evelyn as a gift, and she didn't give it a positive review. Please go away and look for some real crimes.