Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hurricane Matthew Watch, Day 2

Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
I am not ashamed to admit that this storm how has me more than a little concerned.

It keeps drifting west. and while the current prediction has hurricane level winds are only brushing where I live, it looks like that's going to change. There's still every possibility that it will spend its energy on the Caribbean, or veer off to the east, but each passing hour has it zeroing in on us.

I am confident of my ability to weather a Category 1 hurricane. A Cat 3 that looks like it's coming right at me? Yes, I'm concerned. Not yet alarmed, but the pessimistic voice in the back of my head is starting to nag me about this.

https://stormpulse.com/tracker/

I would be less worried if I weren't about to go out of town to attend the Big 3 East Media Event. I don't like the idea of leaving my family alone... for instance, there's no way mom can get the hurricane shutters up herself (dad is of no help) and we don't have the time to do it now before I go. Hopefully she can ask our neighbors for help.

There's also the fact that last weekend our rain barrel decided it would be a good idea to tip over. We still have stored water in jugs, but that was 55 gallons we no longer have. 

Fortunately the event is close to where I live, so I can be home in about 30 minutes (in ideal conditions). If things continue to get bad over the next day, I'm likely to leave the event and head home early.

If you'll excuse me, I think I need to check my storm preps one more time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.