Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
What was Creek thinking?
Was he thinking?
Watch the video and tell me if you think I'm being too harsh.
I especially want feedback on the Book of Lists. I think it's creepy, but perhaps I'm being too harsh.
EDIT: I just checked the Apocabox Shop and all the items in the October box are there for sale. So let's do a value breakdown:
- Hideaway Tarpaulin: $19.99 ("on sale" from $29.99)
- Nomad Pocket Knife: $10.50 (marked down from $12.99)
- Frontier Water Filter: $12.95 ($1 more than Amazon)
- Survivor's Book of Lists: $4.99
- Beaded Butcher Blend: $3.00
- Nomad Hard Use Resin: $3.00
- Magic Punky Dust: $3.00
- Nomad Solar Lens: $6.99 (marked down from 9.99)
Using the full prices (which are rather hard to swallow -- who would pay $30 for a poncho?), it's $79.91. We might have had one Apocabox with stuff totaling in the low $80 range, but I don't recall which.
Verdict: People are right to feel disappointed with this box, because it's a clear step down in both quality and usefulness.
You know what would have redeemed this box? Replace the Aquamira with a Sawyer Mini, the glass lens with a card-sized fresnel lens and the book & Butcher blend with an Esbit pocket stove.