Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Prudent Prepping: Additional Prepping Info


The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.


This is not my semi-monthly roundup post. Really!

New Prepper Info
My contact with the other reps seems to be making a difference! One of the recent transfers out to the West Coast (who I'll call M) is getting serious about prepping their apartment for earthquakes and building a GHB. M is the most serious of the people who have wanted prepping info -- but not all of this is their own initiative! Both parents have been worried about this move (Hi M's Mom!) and have offered to buy any and every item needed to be safe out here in California, but I don't think much will be ordered because M is already getting items now!

Since both M and I are sales reps to various Home Improvement stores and are in them every day, buying supplies from  those stores is an easy way to stock up quickly.

What I am going to do next with M is go over some earthquake info, like this earthquake post by Lokidude, or the post where I listed several really good sources for earthquake prepping info, specifically for North California.

Recent Purchases

Pacific Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
I've started expecting cooler weather (forecasts say 80-90 deg most of the week) so I went shopping for supplies. Since I personally like soup as an added hot food, I resupplied myself with this.

http://tinyurl.com/ydd99s9u
This soup comes in 8 oz containers that are about half the size of the juice boxes you see kids drinking. At that size, they fit into the corner of my ice chest/lunch box and I can microwave some in my coffee mug quite easily!

From the ad:
  • Roasted red pepper and tomato creamy soup
  • Gluten-free
  • USDA organic
I don't really care about organic or gluten-free, but someone else might.

Nite Ize Rugged Optics Case
http://amzn.to/2yqx6Tv
I recently ordered new glasses. My old pair has seen better days, having been scratched to the point that the anti-glare coating has started to flake off. This is due to them falling to the ground from my shirt collar.

My new pair of specs needs to be protected, so after asking for recommendations from my friends, I've ordered this case.

From the site:
  • HARD GLASSES CASE - Keep your prescription glasses, drugstore readers, safety glasses or sunglasses safe, protected and easily accessible during day-to-day activity or while traveling, with the Nite Ize Rugged Glasses Case
  • SMART AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - With molded foam construction, rugged hard-shell exterior that’s weather-resistant, and zippered top closure, this hard glasses case gives you essential protection from crushing, dropping or scratching fragile eyewear.
  • CONVENIENT CLIP AND LOOP - This Nite Ize glasses hard case comes with a durable clip that attaches securely to belts or straps up to 2” wide. Carabiner loop allows you to clip anywhere to keep your glasses conveniently within reach. 
This is what I was looking for in a glasses case: a hard, rigid shell with a clip that will allow me to move it around easily but be secure when I clip it to my belt, or any other place.

The Takeaway
  • Even more information has been passed on to an interested reader and beginning Prepper!
  • One case of Tomato Soup: $11.98 from Sam's Club. (Sorry folks, this is listed as 'In Store' only.)
  • Ordered a new case for my glasses: $12.20 with Prime shipping from Amazon. 

If you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.