Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Prudent Prepping: Thanks Giving

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

Corny or not, this is a good time for reflecting on all the good things that have happened to me and all the good people I have in my life.

THANKS
Some names listed here don't read this blog, but many do. Some have reasons listed, but many don't and that's okay too.

In no particular order or importance:
  • I am very thankful to be on Blue Collar Prepping with this group of writers. I'm always excited to read what is put up. I count you as friends.
  • I am extremely thankful for Erin Palette and her very patient work to make my writing readable.
  • Evelyn and D.R. for the couch and mail box.
  • Darryl, Sean and Jonathan for answering questions that clarified much.
  • John and Ella for being such a good fit. He got lucky!
  • Shane, Jenn and Cassie for the dinner invites and for how mad you get when I bring things!
  • Bubba. Sir! Yes Sir!
  • Jason Rennie for the free books. Like my To Be Read pile wasn't large enough.
  • Mark for signing my books, for my first Red Shirting, and for writing in such a cool universe.
  • Rick for shipping me an OOP copy of a book AND signing everything!
  • MadMike for OOP books and signing them, as well as the commentary on Facebook and the blog.
  • The ILoH Larry Corriea for putting out so many great books and hysterical fisks.
  • The Mata family for all the prayers sent to me. Gihigugma tamo tanan.
  • Janelle and Don. Thanks for the quiet.
  • Myeong
  • Liza
  • Susan Lee for calling me 'DB'.
  • Kitty and The Kid, I WILL touch the iPad!
  • Van and all the Saturday group. Being 外人 is fun!
I am especially thankful for all the new friends I've made this year, and for all the people who have commented on my writing offering corrections and praise. Thank you.

I could go on all night and even then I'd miss someone, so if you aren't here, please know you are memorable to me.

Thank you.

GIVING
I really went through my stores and stripped out a bunch more stuff that wasn't close to outdated to make room for incoming goodies. I still have a good three-day supply in each bucket, but now the duplicated items are gone. 

I spent $10 extra this week at the grocery store on food to go in the Food Drive barrels. I also wrote a check to the Food Bank for a turkey.

I don't have a picture to show my progress, but I didn't make it to the end of the month for Movember; my beard was just way too itchy to last. Everyone said the third week would be less scratchy, but I couldn't stand it. Regardless, $25 dollars that I would have spent on a haircut and shaving went to Prostate Cancer research instead. 

The Takeaway
  • I hope I am as good a friend back to the people who call me Friend. 
  • If not, I will try harder.

The Recap
  • A donation of $25 to support men's health and Prostate Cancer research.
  • A total of $30 in food and cash to my local Food Bank.

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.