Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Prudent Prepping: a "Going" Affair

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

This is a follow-up to last week's post, detailing some of the things I'm doing now to be better prepared for similar 'issues' in the future.

What Now?
I need to be set up with things here and now to take care of intestinal distress not only inside me but also inside those around me. Since the focus of this blog is Emergency Preparedness, I don't see much difference if my distress is caused a virus or possibly bad water after a disaster. Yes, I understand that both of these situations could be closely related.

Since I was lucky to have Gatorade bottles here, that part of my recovery (mentioned last week) was an easy one. If there were an actual disaster, hauling bottles around would be the less than ideal; I need to have an easily portable way to replace minerals. I decided to order Dr. Price's Electrolyte Mix Super Hydration Formula to test out.

From the Amazon listing:
https://amzn.to/2Z2EXBe
  • THE HIGHEST QUALITY ELECTROLYTE HYDRATION FORMULA. Unlike many other supplements, Dr. Price's Electrolyte Mix has a blend of over 72 Trace Minerals and Electrolytes created to benefit individuals ranging from the elite athlete to your personal hydration needs.
  • NON-GMO, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, KETO & NO SUGAR! 100% Naturally Sweetened with Stevia Leaf Extract.
  • EASY TO USE! Convenient to-go packets that you can take anywhere.
  • Powdered water-soluble sports drink formula that mixes with liquid for FAST and EASY absorption.
  • Powdered water-soluble sports drink formula that mixes with liquid for FAST and EASY absorption., Balances and Restores HEALTHY Electrolyte Levels for Super Hydration. Minerals, including magnesium, sodium, and potassium. Trace elements of zinc and 72 other trace minerals.

I'll give this a taste test against Gatorade powder as soon as it arrives. Several people in the BCP Facebook group mentioned a sugar-free replacement drink, and that advice and info I have made this a fairly easy product to pick. If you know me you know that mineral replacement is the reason this was picked, not any of the points mentioned in the second bullet point. 

Going through my stores, I saw that my Imodium was out of date by 2 years. Now that isn't that big a deal for me, since it's stored in my house and not exposed to high heat, light or humidity., but I'm still going to replace it as soon as I can get to either CVS or Walmart and compare prices.

Recap and Takeaway
  • Having things on hand to make being sick bearable is much better than running around trying to buy them when you are 'running' uncontrollably.
  • A 30-count box of Dr. Price's Vitamins was ordered from Amazon: $12.88 with Prime shipping.
  • The balance of the replacements will be purchased locally.

***

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.