Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Prudent Prepping: Deals Difficult To Pass Over

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

As per usual, I can't make these ideas stretch into stand-alone posts, so enjoy a smorgasbord.

Home Security
A friend recently had her purse stolen right outside her door. She wasn't hurt, but did lose a lot of personal and business ID and keys. The complex is reasonably well-lit, but this happened late in the afternoon so extra light wouldn't have helped. What will help, however, are the cameras that are going in alongside with the new lights. This will be a Work in Progress, so I will be posting what is being installed and how easy or difficult the process turns out.

Bring All The Fire
As usual, I'm on the lookout for bargains during my business calls and I found another deal that was too hard to pass over. I always want extra ways to start fires and discovered in my travels Diamond Weatherproof Matches.
A local Home Depot

From the Home Depot ad found through a Google search:
Diamond weatherproof matches are windproof and waterproof. They are guaranteed to stay lit for up to 25-seconds and will re-light even after being submerged in water. Stay prepared for any emergencies at home or use while camping or hiking.
These are not packed in a fancy watertight container like my favorite UCO Stormproof Matches, but they'll go into my regular camping supplies instead of my GHB or BOB.

They look very much like the UCO and every other long burning match, and since Diamond is one of the oldest and now the largest match companies, they may be to source! I will have to open the box and compare the Diamond matches with the UCO.

Diamond had a large facility here in N. California that operated from 1901 until the middle 1980's, but is now abandoned.

I do recommend looking in your local Home Depot if you are interested in these, since they are definitely on Close Out, with limited supply in my area.

Recap And Takeaway
  • Matches were the only thing purchased this week, with two boxes picked up from Home Depot. Interestingly, I did not find the Diamond matches listed on Amazon.
***

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure where you live; around here the shrink wrapped packs of 3 big boxes of matches are $1.98 regular price in several stores. I've used them for years in my wood stove and my fire pit - they work great.
    They are also available in packs of 4 to 8 small boxes, which are more convenient for travel.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.