Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
Well, the item I'm going to talk about now is both multi-use and a nifty gadget: the Mule Light V2.
So why should you back this Kickstarter? Two reasons.
The Mule v2 does everything I need a flashlight to do.
- It has a high beam, a low beam, and a strobe.
- Need a broad light while you're working on something? It does that.
- Need a bright (300 lumen) spotlight that doesn't ruin your night vision? It does that, too.
- Need a black light for tracking blood. finding stains, or charging glow in the dark things without (again) ruining your night vision? It even does that.
It has excellent battery life.
- If you get The Works you have two choices of battery:
- AAA batteries, which are easy to find but don't last as long, or
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery. Pair that with any basic solar panel or dynamo and you have a way to recharge your flashlight during the day.
- Use of hybrid mode -- where a three-second burst of light charges a glowstick -- extends both battery life and illumination capability to incredible levels (240 hours of use with AAA, 540 hours with Li-Ion).
I acknowledge that, at $65, it's rather spendy. But given all that it does, and its long battery life and ability to be recharged in the wild and this is a very useful and versatile piece of kit. I feel safe saying that because I've bought and used UVPaqLite products in the past, and they have never disappointed me.
I really want this project to fund, so if you're at all interested, please pledge within the week. We're about $33,000 shy of fully funding with only 7 more days to go.