Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Prudent Prepping: Re-Mixing Right

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping. 

It pays to have friends who know more than I do, and frankly the list of those friends is pretty long. A reader of the blog asked me if I had looked at a well-known and easily-found powdered drink to use as a recovery aid. I hadn't and was told, "Look it up, you might be surprised!" I was.

What I missed in my post last week is pretty shocking.

https://amzn.to/2QWHRF1

















Emergen-C Vitamin C 1000mg Powder 
Yes, I know, everyone in my circle has at one time used Emergen-C for cold relief or to attempt to keep from catching a cold. I have some in my GHB and usually have several in my lunch box. This is what is in my pack.

From the Amazon page:
  • Includes 60 single serving packets (0.32 oz; each) of Emergen-C Original Formula in Super Orange flavor
  • Each serving provides daily immune support* with more Vitamin C than 10 oranges(1)
  • Also contains B Vitamins, Electrolytes, and other Antioxidants like Zinc and Manganese
  • Flavored vitamin mix is made with natural fruit flavors for a delicious Super Orange taste
  • Vitamin C drink mix is a powder that dissolves quickly in water; it’s refreshing and caffeine free
  • Enjoy Emergen-C Original Formula Vitamin C supplement every day for routine wellness
  • Emergen-C Original Formula is also available in gummy and chewable forms
  • When buying, please check whether the product is "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" just below the product price to make sure you are receiving this product from the manufacturer of Emergen-C to ensure proper product dating 

The actual contents of Emergen-C look like this:

https://amzn.to/2QWHRF1

When compared to the Dr. Price's that I reviewed in this post, things look different...

https://amzn.to/2QXCOV1

... different enough to make me rethink my possible choices in what to buy and keep in my stores. I'm not saying one product is bad and don't buy it, what I am saying is to keep looking at what is available, compare and then choose wisely.

I'm going to keep the Dr. Price's and use it up, but I am absolutely going to repurchase more Emergen-C very soon. 

Recap And Takeaway
  • Here's a prime example of my smarter, better-informed friends steering me to wiser choices. 
  • Something right in front of my face seems to fit my requirements, is found almost everywhere, and is reasonably priced.
  • Both Dr. Price's mix and Emergen-C mix are available from Amazon.
  • Nothing was purchased this week.
* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!


If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.