Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Prudent Prepping: the Klymit LWD

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping. 


Last Wednesday (the day my salvaged blog post was published) was my birthday and the tradition here at Blue Collar Prepping is to embarrass me with cool gifts... or at least, that's how it appears to me. This year was no exception to the rule and the crew bought me a seriously cool present.


Klymit Lite Water Dinghy
The Klymit Lite Water Dinghy (LWD) Is a very strange hybrid craft: not really a kayak and much more than an air mattress.

https://amzn.to/2RX718O

From the Amazon ad:
An advanced inflatable boat developed with input from professional kayakers and packrafters, the LiteWater Dinghy – LWD – will expand your backcountry playground. Easy to take with you, the LWD weighs only 35 ounces and packs to the size of a one-liter bottle. Made from lightweight, durable polyester, it resists tears and punctures. Six tie-off zones lash gear, and the pump doubles as a dry bag. The LWD inflates quickly, tracks well, maneuvers easily, and delivers a supportive ride making it agile, stable and comfortable enough for canyoneering, finding your own private island, or just spending a day bobbing on a remote alpine lake.
Sleeping pad, above.
Klymit LWD, below. 

The collapsed size of the LWD is slightly larger in diameter than my sleeping pad and is almost the same length, but is quite a bit heavier!

Here are the specifications:
  • Weight: 35 oz
  • Dimensions: 76" x 45"
  • Pack Size: 4.5" x 9"
  • Capacity: 350 lbs
  • Raft Rating: Class 2; We recommend the LWD for conditions of mild flat water to small waves
  • Fabric: 210 D ripstop polyester top and bottom
  • Warranty: Limited Lifetime 
I don't have a place to test the LWD until the weather is warm and sunny. Very sunny, about 85 degrees.

Now I know why I received a paddle from Erin as my Christmas present. There have been some odd gifts floating around, but a paddle with no boat? Everyone has heard "up a creek without a paddle" but I've never seen "have a paddle without the boat."

(Editor's Note: Mwhahahaahahahah. -- Erin)

Now I have the set. Thank you, guys. I don't have the words to say how cool this really is.


Update From Last Week
I received my two H&H Mini Compression Bandages today, much later than what was first listed as the expected delivery date. It seems right after I ordered and blogged about them, the seller was back-ordered. Coincidence? You be the judge.


The Takeaway
  • I have the best friends and don't know what I did to deserve this.
  • (You're a great friend, that's what you did!  -- Erin)

The Recap

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running! 

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.