Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Prudent Prepping: A Little This, a Little That...

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

...and before long you have a whole bunch of stuff!

This a teaser to my newest Work In Progress, a Get Home Bag. Yes, I'm doing what I believe is my 4th bag since I started writing for BCP (not counting re-doing my personal bag twice a year), and I hope this will be the last new bag I make.

Hatori Super Small Mini LED Flashlight
Last week I mentioned buying two more of my favorite mini flashlight, the Hatori Mini LED. This is the new, improved 3 Mode version of the mini light I've used for years and have mentioned many different times.

From the Amazon ad:*
https://amzn.to/33hhj7s
  • 3 Brightness Levels: Three beam settings (High, Low, SOS) runs only ONE AAA alkaline battery (not included). 3 Brightness Levels make it ideal for use around the house, dog walking, or camping.
  • Pocket size outdoor flashlight: It is small and light enough to slip into a pocket and is forgotten until you need it. It is easy to fit in the palm of hand and only weights about 30g(only one).
  • 150 Lumens Powerful LED: High lumen small flashlight set in a dark or lit room will last quite two hours with moderate use(keep on) just one alkaline battery powered, which is sufficient to light you way and light small dark spaces.
  • Advanced Design: Skid-Proof design and Water-Proof design. Our flashlight set is made of high quality 6061T aluminum alloy with no worries in rainy day or snow days.
  • Safe and Warranty Guarranteed: High-efficiency and great output LED chip, over-charging protection, short circuit protection. All of Hatori Flashlights has 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, NO HASSLE and 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
  • 3.54 inches long
  • One AAA battery (not included) per flashlight.
*Grammar and spelling errors are from the original ad. Any similarity to my actual writing style is strictly accidental.
The three modes can be accessed by lightly depressing the button on the base or by actually clicking through. I would have to say the levels are HIGH, MEDIUM and STROBE, with the difference between High and Medium being enough you could possibly use Medium to check pupil reaction. When Strobe is on, it certainly qualifies as strobe, even if the pulses are not quite as fast as some smaller flashlights. Just to be clear, though, looking at the light reflecting off a white wall was enough to get me feeling a headache starting, so I'm not sure what someone with light sensitivities might make of all the flashes.

I will be placing one of the 3 Mode lights into the Bat Belt bag with the other going in the SFD Responder ankle rig mentioned here and other places. The original single mode light I'm not sure what to do with, except to add it to one of the individual first aid kits I have.

Recap And Takeaway
  • Two LED AAA flashlights with 3 light modes for $2 more that the single mode light? This was hard for me to pass up. 
  • Two Hatori Mini LED lights were bought for $10.19 with Prime shipping.

* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

3 comments:

  1. Article says AAA alkaline. Will it also work with a NiMH rechargeable AAA. The Alkaline is a 1.5v, while all my NiMH are 1.2v. They seem to work fine in my flashlights, but YMMV, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, rechargeables will work just fine in these lights, your runtime will be slightly less when compared to disposable batteries.
    I dont happen to have AAA rechargeable batteries, or I'd be using them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct, rechargeables will work just fine in these lights, your runtime will be slightly less when compared to disposable batteries.
    I dont happen to have AAA rechargeable batteries, or I'd be using them!

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.