Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Fixing crimps in hydration bladder tubes

Not actually Erin.
Picture by KJ Photography
& is used with permission.
Have you ever had a hydration bladder that developed crimps in the tubing and prevented you from drinking out of it?



If so, you don't need to replace your tube! Just follow this very simple method and you'll have your hydration bladder up and running in no time.

1)  Place a clothespin on the crimp perpendicular to the bend

I have now added a few clothespins to my bug-out bag specifically for this.


2) Wait a few days

Because I am impatient, I put mine on the dashboard of my car and let the hot Florida sun help make the plastic more malleable. 

If you go this route, I recommend you check on the tubing every evening to make sure it doesn't get too soft and the tube begins to crimp in the other direction. 

3) Problem solved!

It may not be pretty, but it works, even out in the field. 




While I can't claim to have invented this -- someone, somewhere, must have had a similar idea -- I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on the internet, and I came up with the idea on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.