Monday, January 12, 2015

Book Review: Prepping for Women

Hiya folks!

It's been a while, I know, but I'm back for a quick post. Erin directed this particular book my way not too long ago, and I have to admit I was a bit intrigued but had resigned myself to not expecting much. It's easy to regurgitate information that you can find on the internet via Google or Bing, so I did not have high hopes.

However, I was pleasantly surprised with this book. If you remember correctly, I wrote a post a while back about reusable options for menstruation needs. The author, Tracey Murphy, does an excellent job on this topic in that she is able to present way more information on each option than I ever could have.

She covers the cups, the pads, the tampons and the sponges. No, you read that right: sponges. This is not something I would ever personally consider, but she does a good job laying out information on all the options.

She also covers PMS and yeast infections, also in greater detail, as well as things like herbs that are great for taking the edge off the former and speeding up healing on the latter. She even talks about Yoga positions.

"Yoga?"

Yeah, yoga. Yoga is a good low-stress exercise for aging joints that gets the blood flowing and endorphins going. We like endorphins; they counter pain, low moods and depression.

The author also cites all of her references at the end, and includes all the necessary "talk to your doctor first before you get herb happy" lingo.


Overall, I give the book an A-.
  1. Everything she says can be found on the Net, but she presents it all in a comfortable progression of information that feels very natural. 
  2. This is a newly published title (December 26, 2014), so its information is up to date. 
  3. There are no politics present. 
  4. There are plenty of health warnings, and reminders to talk to other people who've been using things (like herbs) for a long time before you dive in. 
  5. It's a bit of a short read for my tastes, which is why it's an A minus. 
It's a good buy and a good read. Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.