Her name is Maggie, six months and part Lab (the rest is a mystery outside Dachshund).
Now... I'm used to prepping with a cat in mind and cats, when allowed outside, tend to bring prey back to their owner. (I don't care if it's a mouse, if I'm hungry meat is meat.)
I have no idea what to expect with a dog. I'm in completely new territory.
So here's my question(s) to all of our readers. Please feel free to share your answer's in the Facebook group or here in a comment.
- What kind of medicine's do you have put back for them? (Think ring and heart worm, etc etc)
- Do you know what kind of food you're going to be feeding in them in SHTF?
- Do you think they need purified water like you do?
- Is there anything you've trained them to do that is a skill that improves your odds?
- What other things as a prepper does one need to consider when a dog is involved?
Looking forward to your answer folks!
Oh... and this is Maggie:
Little cutie ain't she?