As I mentioned a little over a month ago, I ruined a flashlight by not checking it often enough and swapping out its batteries. My Esteemed Editor Erin (and others) recommended battery cases for storage and protection of both the cells and wherever the cells are stored.
After searching Amazon, I found these:
TheLovelyBird AA/AAA Battery Case/Holders
From their Amazon page:
- Package included: 4 pcs of battery cases
- Convenient and intuitive to use,can combine in row
- Holds either 4 AA or 4 AAA rechargeable batteries
- Colors: Clear, Pink , Blue, Green
- Batteries are not included
I wasn't sure what the cases actually looked like or how sturdy they might be, so my initial order was only four. After seeing them and loading batteries in them, I think there will be an order for at least four more very soon.
Edited to add: I just showed my AAA battery case to a coworker who said I've loaded it wrong. The AA batteries go left to right but the AAA go up and down. He's right.
- Storage and inventory checks are made easier
- Ability to keep multiple cases connected
- The cases are not water or moisture proof.
- Storing in a water-tight baggie might be necessary.
- The molded hinge might wear out or break, if used repeatedly.
- The latch isn't very big.
- The possibility of banging or bumps opening the case may require a rubber band or similar to be a positive block to accidental opening
- One 4 pack TheLovelyBird Battery Case: $5.99 from Amazon with Prime shipping.
- I ordered through our Amazon referral link. How about you?
Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!
If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!
NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.