Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Prudent Prepping: GHB Tune-Up

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

My boss has moved me to a different territory, which more than doubles my mileage and comes close to tripling my commute time since I will be traveling through major cities and crossing bridges every day. Now I have to configure my Get Home Bag for being away from home for more than two days.

Changes In My Get Home Bag 
In last week's post, I mentioned a long sleeve t-shirt being added. That is now supplemented with extra wool socks, a full pack of Esbit fuel tabs for the stove, 4 liters of water (counting the two in the truck) and extra packets of coffee. I normally have about 4 days of food in the pack; if I don't have time to pack a lunch, I eat the soup/chili or tuna and crackers, plus whatever leftover condiment packs I get when I'm out. (Don't judge me, I'm single.)

GHB Contents:
As it gets colder, I will be adding one long sleeve Polypro t-shirt to the mix and possibly an insulated vest that will be kept in the truck. It gets damp and a bit cold near the ocean here.


Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running! 

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.