Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Prudent Prepping: The Shorts of It


The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

Well isn't this interesting! I finally have both brands of wool underwear, and there's been enough time to properly evaluate them!

Wool-ed I Do It Again?
Short answer? Yes, and I will probably buy more fairly soon. Just to do a really quick recap, I mentioned Minus 33 boxers in this post and then followed up with a post on the last-minute substitution of the Wooly brand here. This is what I found:

What Is Similar
  • Both brands have virtually the same make-up in their fabric and the waistbands are also the same flat, almost no-seam elastic.
  • When holding or wearing both brands, the 'feel' is also difficult for me to tell apart. 
  • Both are smooth, almost silky and my DriFit shirts are about the same 'silkiness'. 
Having now worn both brands for almost a week each, I really like how nice I feel at the end of my day. The weather has not been as hot, but my work has made up for that lack by expecting more production. The waistband was something I wasn't sure about since my regular boxers are covered on the inside, and these are like jockey brief waistbands, but I have found no problem with how it feels, probably due to it being flat. I don't really know why the waistband feels good, it just works.

What is Different
As I've shown above,  there is surprisingly very little difference in the feel or material. What is different is the cut or style of each brand:
  • The Wooly brand is shaped much more like my regular boxers: somewhat straight legs and about the same length.
  • The Minus 33 are shaped wider in the leg and maybe not quite as long. I was having a hard time trying to describe what the shape is when a former military friend said, "Oh, those sound like PT shorts!" After looking at what has also been described as 'silkies' and 'Ranger Panties', that's about what they resemble: wide of leg and loose. 
However they're described, I'm keeping both of them.

Recap And Takeaway
  • If you can get past the high price for either brand, I recommend both of these. I will be wearing nothing else in the hot weather. (Nothing else? Oh myyyy! -- Erin)
  • Nothing else was purchased this week, since these boxers ruined my Fun Money budget for the next several weeks.
* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.