Sunday, May 27, 2018

Caffeine Tablets

& is used with permission.
Some people just can't wake up in the morning without their cup of coffee. Other people get chronic headaches which are soothed by caffeine. It can give you a burst of energy when you need to stay alert, and it can help those who suffer from ADHD to concentrate and relax.

In short, there are many good reasons why caffeine should be part of your preparations. Yet it can be impractical to put coffee or high-caffeine energy drinks into your bug out bags due to weight, volume, or the necessity to boil water to prepare the beverage.

This is where caffeine in tablet form comes in. A 1 ounce bottle can hold the equivalent of 100 cups of coffee while taking up only a few cubic inches of space. Best of all, this caffeine doesn't spoil or require preparation; just wash down a pill with a drink of water.

https://amzn.to/2GUZCML

My caffeine tablet of choice is Jet-Alert. I bought a 120-count bottle in February of last year because some days I am so sleepy I need more than my usual morning cup to wake up, but an additional cup upsets my stomach and a soda gives me a headache. I've been taking them on and off over the past year, sometimes as often as 1-2 a day for a week, then not taking them for months. After taking 95 of these tablets, here is my experience:
  • They work quickly and effectively. 
  • They do not provoke headaches or upset stomach. 
  • They do no cause dependence (it was easy for me to stop taking them once I felt sufficiently rested). 
  • I have experienced any side-affects from taking these tablets; however, I admit I have not been taking them long-term. 
Each tablet has 100 mg of caffeine in it, which is equivalent to one 8 ounce cup of coffee. At $6 for 120 tablets, that's five cents per cup of coffee which will fit easily into a bug out or get home bag. 

I think this is a tremendous value and will be adding a bottle to each of my bags. However, keep in mind that human beings react differently, so try this out before you add this to your preps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.