Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Prudent Prepping: Buffet Post

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent 
Prepping. 

Another semi-monthly posting of topics and ideas too small for me to make into a stand alone blog post!

Budget Prepping
While this entire blog is an attempt to do prepping for as few dollars as possible, I'm talking about preparing a savings budget.

Having a plan for savings is as important as your prepping plan. Even if it's just dumping your change into a bucket or skipping one coffee per week, the dollars will add up. I skipped one or two coffees per week to buy my first post-divorce present to myself.

Every pundit and author of financial self-help books says something along the lines of "Having a goal is good, but unless you have plan to reach that goal, you're not going to make it."

Hand Sanitizer
I have a small bottle of sanitizer in my work gear and more in my GHB. It's not only a way to keep clean, but also a backup fire-starting aid in case I ever use up all my Esbit cubes.

When the factory mixture is gone,  I re-fill the bottles with my own blend of unscented sanitizer and jojoba oil. There is just enough oil to keep my hands from drying out from the alcohol and without it, my hands get pretty chapped. I started using jojoba oil way back in 2015 and began adding it to my sanitizer sometime after that. I believe the sanitizer/oil mix is a good way to keep my hands clean and healthy.

The Takeaway
  • Have a Plan. Plan your plan, and don't be afraid to change it to get better results.
  • With my small budget, multi-use items are a necessity.

The Recap 
  • Hand sanitizer gel, 2 oz bottles. Various stores, never more than $1.99 
  • Jojoba Oil from Trader Joe's. Was $7.95 (in 2015) and I've still got half a bottle!
  
Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.