Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Prudent Prepping: SFD Responder 2.0, part 2

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

I was asked what is in my SFD Responder, so here is a follow-up to last week's blog post.

SFD Responder Explored
Here is the loaded Responder, showing the outside of the band.

SFD Responder

Here are the contents in roughly the correct position as they came out of the pockets.

Once again, I am not a Medical professional and nothing I've said is to be considered a recommendation for treatment of injuries.


Responder contents

Top Row Left to Right:

Bottom Row:

These items are similar to what SFD shows in their ad for the Responder, minus the chest seals and gauze and adding the clotting sponge. I ordered chest seals but neglected to look at the offered sizes, and I ended up accidentally ordering a large when what I really needed was the compact size. Now I have both, but I still need to tweak my placement of items to get everything to fit as neatly as possible into the pockets. The full-size are now in my car first aid kit.

I haven't had to use this ankle kit since I don't wear it regularly. Frankly, I use my mini 1st aid kit for band aids and triple antibiotic all the time, but the Adventure Medical Compact Trauma Pack just once in the 3 years I've carried it in my work gear. Still, I'd rather have equipment and never need it than need and not have anything.

Takeaway and Recap
  • Nothing was purchased this week.
  • The chest seals are going to be inserted into my Responder this week.
  • All items shown (with the exception of the SFD Responder) are available through Amazon and are Prime shipping eligible. 
* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Point of Personal Privilege! The rescue hook is the last thing I'll buy from Benchmade. For ah, reasons.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.