Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Prudent Prepping: Ever Ready?

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping. 

Yes,  this post is two weeks in the making... but there were problems! I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

Hmmm? Oh, you aren't buying it? Yeah, neither did Erin... 

What really happened was that I was out with friends, my phone was getting low on juice, and no one had a USB "C" cable so I could grab a quick charge. Yes, I know that means I was out with trendy Apple phone owners but hey, if you look at my FB Friends list you can see all types of folks. There's even several people that I suspect still use flip phones! Where is this leading? Here:


Anker PowerCore Slim 10000 PD

https://amzn.to/3oYDiJ9
I chose the Anker because it has almost the same profile as my phone, came with its own cable and plug, and was the best combo of features and size for me.  Here is the info from the Amazon page.

  • The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Everything You Need: Provide fast charging to your phone or tablet wherever you are, and when you run out of juice, simply connect the included wall charger to fully recharge your PowerCore in just 4½ hours.
  • PowerCore Slim 10000 PD: One of our slimmest Power Delivery power banks yet is equipped with a 10,000mAh capacity to provide more than two charges for iPhone XS or Google Pixel, and almost one full charge for an 11” iPad Pro.
  • PowerPort III Nano: One of our smallest chargers, PowerPort is just 1 inch thick, packing 18W of USB-C charging power into a device the size of a 5W iPhone charger.
  • What You Get: PowerCore Slim 10000 PD, USB-C to USB-C cable, PowerPort III Nano, travel pouch, welcome guide, and 18-month warranty.
  • Compatible Phone Models: Audiovox Cdm3000
  • Connector Type: Usb Type C

I have a battery pack in my work gear and one in my BOB, but I neglected to grab either one of those when I went out with my sling bag. Now I have a charger to take care of that! 

While I was shopping for that the idea came to me that extra charging cables might be nice, so with some digging I found this:


Bolatus 3-1 Phone Universal Charger

https://amzn.to/3oXcBoj

From the Amazon ad:

  • Multi-function and Universal: No need to carry any other cables when you are in a car, taxi driver, business waiting zone, office, home or travelling. Bolatus 3 in 1 Charging Cable is all in one portable charging solution for those who are on move all the time.
  • Compatible with X/8/7/6/5. [Micro USB] Android Phones & Wireless Accessories, tablets, Bluetooth headset, external batteries, PS4 Xbox one controllers more. [Type-C] Compatible with Google Chrome book Pixel, Compatible with galaxy Note 9 8 S9 S8, LG G5 G6 V20, Google Pixel, Google Nexus 5X 6P, Huawei P9 10, Honor 8, HP Pavilion x2, Nokia N1, OnePlus, HTC 10 more
  • Sixth generation weaving process-Shuttleless Nylon Braided, more durable and better touching feeling. Gold-plated connectors resist heat and corrosion.
  • This multi charger is created exclusively for the purposes high quality, convenient charging of several devices simultaneously or individually. But Please NOTE! This cable is only charging cable. No transferring data function.
  • What you get--2 pack three way cell phone charge cable and Bolatus 12-month worry-free waranty. Any questions you have, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will get you back within 24hours.

This cable set is much longer than the previous multi-ended one I purchased previously, but that model is out of stock. No, I won't link to something you may never get to purchase, sorry. 

Recap And Takeaway

* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.