Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Future of Blue Collar Prepping

Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
Some of you may have noticed that the output of this blog has diminished significantly lately. When once we had five posts a week, we're now lucky to get three of them... and it's a struggle to even make that happen. Last week we had only one post. 

I'm pretty sure this blog is dying, and unless we get some new blood to revitalize us it will die. 

I'm not going to pretend that I'm innocent in all this. My family situation is such that I  pretty much always feel creatively burned out, and what was once a fun hobby is something I have to force myself to do, and I feel like I've let everyone down when I don't. At the same time, though, I definitely don't want to shut this blog down. I just want things to be better.

The only way I can think to do that is to have more writers for this blog so that it's not up to the same three people to try to hold things together. There are two problems with that, however. The first is that it's difficult to find people who are enthusiastic about prepping, are good at communicating ideas, and who are willing to produce quality content once a week. The second is holding onto those people after a year of doing it for basically nothing more than warm feelings. Of the seven regular contributors we've had, only three of us remain -- and two of us (myself and Chaplain Tim) are on shaky ground. 

If you're interested in becoming a regular writer for us, please let me know. Feel free to contact the other writers and ask them what it's like to write for me; I like to think that I'm understanding, accommodating and pretty cool, but don't take my word for it. 

Regulars are expected to:
  • Write one roughly 500 word post every week. 
  • Have that post ready for me to edit on a timely basis. 
  • Communicate regularly with me to ensure a steady stream of quality content. 
  • Not have in their posts:
    • Racial, religious, political, or national epithets
    • Incitements to violence
    • Anything advocating the overthrow of established governments.
    • As an example, it is perfectly fine to write an article titled "What do to when the dollar collapses and the U.S. government fails."  It it NOT acceptable to write an article titled "How to kill cops and soldiers when those damn commie Chinese take over America."

Alternately, you can become a recurring guest writer and write every so often. That's fine too. I used to get a lot of guest posts in the past, and I'm not sure where they've gone. The events of the past few years should show that the importance of prepping has only grown. 

Guest writers are asked to:
  • Write a minimum of 500 words. 
    • There is no maximum limit, although if the article is exceptionally lengthy I reserve the right to break it into separately-posted parts. 
    • Preferred formats are Word-compatible email attachments and shared Google Documents. 
  • Video reviews or "how-tos" are also welcome! 
    • Please submit only your own videos. 
    • Please do not submit anything which has been on YouTube for more than a month. 

As an example of what 500 words looks like, this post has 575 of them. 

Thank you for your continued readership since 2014. Please help us continue for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.