Monday, October 27, 2014

Evie's Gear: Part Two

All gear shown in this series of articles is in a continual work-in-progress state. Please keep this in mind as you read, and also bear in mind that all gear shown is not top-of-the-line, "teh awesomes" expensive stuff.  What I have is what I could afford, and I'm putting in the time and energy to either make it work or modify it enough to make it work.  Got it?

In Part 1 of this series, I talked about my Level 3 pack aka Bug-Out Bag. Today I'm discussing my Level 2 gear: the stuff that isn't EDC but also isn't your BOB/GHB/whatever the heck you guys call it.  It's the in-between stuff that goes with you when you have to drop the bags and get out of dodge quickly without a lot of weight.

This vest has gone through several shake-downs at this point and I love it.  I'm still working on getting it to sit and fit right with my pack I talked about last time, but that's just a matter of time.

You can barely see a buttpack in the back. That buttpack has a decent amount of items in it, and I'll be breaking it down in the article after this one. For this one, I'm focusing on everything else.

The knife is a Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto and was a gift from one of my big brothers.  I love that knife! =)

The green things are spare pouches and mounts for anything that may come along in the future that I'd like to add to my vest.

The big empty spot on the right is where my pistol and spare magazines for it are going to be.

The pouch that's on the bottom right in the top pic of the vest contains the following:
  • 2 MRE heaters
  • 1 generic mutli-tool
  • 2 Lara bars
  • 1 headlamp
  • paracord
  • 1 one those goofy whistle, temp gauge and compass combo things
  • a set of ear plugs



On the opposite side of the vest is a trauma kit. It was spare gear that DR, my fiancĂ©, had leftover from things he was issued by the Marine Corps, and so I get to use it for it my gear. I've no idea what all is in it because the writing has worn off the label.




Also in the pouch:
  • 1 pen flashlight 
  • 2 bandage scissors
  • a pair of sterile gloves
  • a roll of gauze
  • medical tape
  • about half a dozen 4x4 gauze non-stick pads.

Next week:  You'll find out what water purifiers, fire starting and odds & ends I have to my name in that buttpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.