Friday, May 13, 2016

Our New, More Professional Look

Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
On behalf of all of us here at Blue Collar Prepping, I'd like to personally think Timothy Callahan for all his hard work in giving our little blog an impressive header and logo. He even went the extra mile to create graphics compatible with business cards and email signature panels.

If you'd like Mr. Callahan to design something for you (he's also the gent who designed the GunBlog VarietyCast logo), you may contact him at Timothy AT CallahanCustom DOT com. He doesn't have an online storefront -- yet -- but if you email him I'm certain he'll be happy to quote you a price.

I've spent a good chunk of this week designing a business card in preparation for the NRA Annual Meeting next month, as well as setting up a domain-level email address. This took far longer than I thought it would (apparently people have very strong feelings about font size, serf vs. sans serif, and amount of white space shown), but it's all finally finished and now I can show you the result:
I think that's rather elegant.
If you're going to be at NRAAM in Lousiville, KY this year, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you... or just stalk the Media Room, I'm there an awful lot.

Out of curiosity, would folks be interested in buying Blue Collar Prepping branded apparel? It would be rather easy to set up a Cafe Press storefront.

Oh, and for those folks who are wondering why our logo looks so familiar, that's because it's based upon a familiar face:



Yes, that's our very own Evelyn Hively, serving as the model for our logo.

My apologies for not having more content today; between recovering from illness and getting ready for the NRA convention, I haven't had much time for anything else. Still, this is blog related, and I think it's pretty neat regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.