Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Stuck On Me

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping.

Things have settled down some, but family stuff is still taking what's left of my free time after work and overtime (which I'm gladly working). 

Personal Protection
Yes, I do need to protect myself at work, because there's always bumping, banging and scraping. No, not NASCAR; moving hardware around a shop. The accidents are much less spectacular and way less expensive. 

Gloves and eye pro (as needed) are provided. I wear cut-resistant gloves when handling those things that might cut me but the mesh, while tight, isn't puncture proof. I get stabbed through the gloves, and cut when not wearing them, at least once a week. I've been using Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandages for the past year and never stopped to think about talking about it.

https://amzn.to/3g7FB9c

I really like the fact that the bandage is truly water- and alcohol-proof. I can actually wash my hands with water and not ruin the seal or cause the bandage to fall off, and I can use hand sanitizer without it burning my wound. This also lets me put triple antibiotic on a cut and keep it there all day!

From the Amazon page:
  • Pack of 3, Each 20 count, Total 60 bandages
  • Ideal for swimming, gardening, canoeing, fishing, water sports, and frequent hand washing
  • Features a unique diamond shape, 360-degree seal, clear, breathable material
  • Perfect for treating minor wounds such as cuts, scrapes, and blisters
  • Change bandage daily, or more often is the bandage gets dirty or wet.
I bought a three-pack of these bandages instead of the assorted boxes you can find at CVS or WalMart for the simple reason that  I can put a large bandage on a small cut but not a small bandage on a large cut. 3M has a really big selection of bandages and I recommend visiting the Amazon Nexcare page

Little Owie
How waterproof are these bandages, you ask? They are so waterproof that I need to take them off at night to allow my finger to breathe and recover from being covered up all day!

The area around the cut has that white, wrinkled up skin you see from getting wet, but it's actually slick with antibiotic! After being exposed to the air overnight I bandaged it up again and went to work, safe from dirt and alcohol getting into my cut.






Recap And Takeaway

  • I've used these band-aids for years. I do have other bandages in my gear, but these are the ones I grab most often.
  • A three pack (3x 20 count boxes) of 3M Nexcare Waterproof Clear Bandage from Amazon: $14.95 with Prime.
* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.