Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Time Management

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Follow along as I build a long term plan via Prudent Prepping. 

I didn't post last week due to some personal business and our amazing Editrix was able to give me the time off. I realize now that time is something I don't have enough of in a day, or at least I'm not good at managing the time I have.

The Time Left
I recently had a death in my family that made how I spend my time, and with whom I spend it, stand out in my life. There are people who seem to expand my time, and far too many that absorb hours in ways that baffle me. I look around and what seems like a few minutes is actually hours of my life just gone. I am changing that, starting now. 

There's a quote I heard in some motivational speech that goes something like "You get to decide where your time goes. You can either move forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You get to decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you, and not to your benefit." I have actively added people who seem to expand my time, and those that are using my time up will be seeing less of me. I really recommend to whomever is reading this that you look at where your time is going and if you are feeling satisfied at the end of the day. If not, what will you do to change it?

A Return To Regular Programming
My camping trip has been pushed back at least 3 weeks due to conflicts with my job and family obligations. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since it gives me extra time to organize and sort through all my gear. I can consolidate similar things logically and put equipment into totes by how I expect to use them: Summer gear is separate from Fall and Winter, emergency house repair is separate from everything else, and so on. There will be a problem with exactly where I store things once the reorganization is done, since where I have previously kept my Bug In things will soon be unavailable -- they were kept at my folks' house, and since my Mom is in a care home, we are selling it to have money to care for her.

This is something that Purple Pack Lady and I will have to work on next month. 
 
Recap And Takeaway
Be aware of your time. There is a limited supply available, and the Expiration Date isn't clearly indicated. 
  
* * *

Just a reminder: if you plan on buying anything through Amazon, please consider using our referral link. When you do, a portion of the sale comes back here to help keep this site running!

If you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.