Sunday, March 24, 2024

Organizer Boxes

Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
I'm in the process of moving to a new bedroom in my house, and one thing which has been made startlingly clear to me is that if your preps aren't organized then not only can they be hard to find when you need them, but they also take up more space when they're arrayed all loosey-goosey. In this article I'll discuss some of my favorite methods of organizing and storing my preps. 

These sturdy carboard boxes come in four sizes (small, medium, medium long, and large) and are very stackable. Moreover, because they're white you only need a Sharpie or similar marker to label them. Best of all, they're completely free! Not only can you pick them up by the handful at any Post Office in the country, you can also order them in packs of 10 or 25 from the USPS website and have them delivered to your door, also for free. 


This versatile $20 PVC and cloth box can hold snacks, tools, baby supplies, or anything else you might need to store in a vehicle. I keep mine in my trunk and it stores my "oh crap" tools like a jump starter, electronic road flares, an air compressor for inflating tires, a high-visibility safety vest, a bottle of tire slime, and a basic toolkit. 

I suffer from allergies and frequent headaches, and as I get older I've started to collect maladies like aching knees and a stiff back. In addition, I live with an elderly mother who has all that plus several prescriptions. This handy clamshell box allows me to carry many different types of pills without rattling like a pharmacy. It's a steal at 2 for $5.50, and it can hold a variety of items like screws, vehicle fuses, fishing lures, etc. 

https://amzn.to/4a9c0ak

What are your favorite organizers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.