Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Prudent Prepping: Summer Sale

The dust has settled and the First 72 Hours have passed. Now we concentrate  on what to do in, and how to plan for, the long term via Prudent Prepping.

Back in March, I wrote about making WAPI's available at a group buy price to BCP'ers. The original post is here, Erin's podcast review is here, and here's a quick recap:

"A Water Pasteurization Indicator (WAPI) is a simple thermometer that indicates when water has reached pasteurization temperature and is safe to drink."

Superwapi1 mediumAs stated before, the group buy price is $6 each, including postage. If you buy 5 or more, they drop to $5 each!

To make this price possible, the units are ordered in lots of 100. Your friendly BCP bloggers have already committed to a good percentage of that total, so the target is easily reached. I am adding one to each of my To Be Shared portions of my prepping pantry.

Include a WAPI with each stove or heating source, and also every mess kit/cooking pot in your BOB/GHB!

If you are interested in this important addition to your water purification system, please leave a comment with how many you want to buy, either here on the blog or on the BCP Facebook page.

Other Sales
My fascination with REI has been well-documented here and here, and I'm setting myself up again for even more disappointment: the Concord, CA REI is having a weekend Clearance Sale this weekend of August 1-2. I plan on arriving very early to see if there might be any bargains that might fit into my tiny budget.

Wish me luck!

The Takeaway
  • Safe drinking water is a priority, especially in disaster, hiking or outdoor survival situation 
  • I'm a glutton for punishment for even thinking about attending a REI Sale.
Recap
Nothing was purchased this week in preparation for the sale this weekend at REI.

As always, if you have comments, suggestions or corrections, please post them so we all can learn. And remember, Some Is Always Better Than None!

NOTE: All items tested were purchased by me. No products have been loaned in exchange for a favorable review. Any items sent to me for T&E will be listed as such. Suck it Feds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.