Friday, December 10, 2021

The Lunatec Aquabot

Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.

I wasn't sure what I'd talk about today, and then the Lunatec Aquabot arrived in the mail. The Aquabot is a lid which fits on most wide-mouth Nalgene bottles, turning them into a pressurized water sprayer. 

https://amzn.to/3yhp1wl

The Aquabot has three settings:
  1. Mist, which is good for keeping cool in the heat. 
  2. Stream, which directs a sturdy jet of water that is capable of cleaning food off of cooking utensils. You can also spray water into your mouth with this setting, allowing you to drink from the bottle without having to remove the Aquabot lid. 
  3. Shower, which is like Stream but has 3 separate jets to cover a wider area, and is best for cleaning body parts. 
I keep coming up with uses for settings 2 and 3 the more I think about it: wound irrigation, washing food before cooking, washing your hands before eating, portable outdoor bidet, etc. The lack of water pressure is a big inconvenience when outdoors, and this dandy device solves that problem handily.

 

You can buy the Lunatec Aquabot on Amazon for $27, where it comes with a 750 mL Nalgene bottle. There is also a 3 foot long Tube Extension ($15) which allows you to direct the water while the bottle is on the ground, in a backpack, etc. 

https://amzn.to/3yoqwZS

I don't yet know how sturdy mine is having just received it, but apparently the Aquabot has been around since 2017 and I can find only good things said about it, which tells me it's probably reliable. If you have experience with the Aquabot, please tell me about it in the comments below. 

I'm looking forward to testing this the next time I go camping. If it's as good as I think it is, then that'll be money well spent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.