Monday, July 25, 2022

EDC "Pocket" Dump

Not actually Erin.
& is used with permission.
Since 2009 I have used the Urban Tool HipHolster for my Every Day Carry needs. Unfortunately, a decade-plus of regular use takes its toll, and my HipHolster was starting to fall apart. Normally I'd just buy another, but Urban Tool is a European company; back in 2009 it sold its products through ThinkGeek, but not any longer, and I have a strong moral objection to paying $40 to have it shipped overseas. 

I needed another leg bag, but I couldn't find what I wanted. The ones which looked like they would hold my gear also seemed to stick out 6 inches or more, and I wanted something with a lower profile so I wouldn't be hitting things as I walked through doorways or got into/out of my car. The lower profile bags, however, were dainty little things which didn't carry nearly enough gear to satisfy me. 


Finally I settled upon this, the Ghost Racing Drop Leg Bag. I've been using it for about two months now, and while it isn't everything I wanted, it's performed better than I thought it would. It doesn't have the individual pockets that the HipHolster did, but the large main pocket can hold more items. 


From top to bottom, left to right:


Clipped to the zippers and whatever you want to call that triangular thing is a Resqme car escape tool, Sonic Defender earplugs, and a little micro flashlight I got at a convention (great for finding my seat in a dark movie theater when the CL-42 would be far too bright). 

Attached to the belt (seen in the first picture) is a case for my cell phone and a can of Sabre Red pepper gel. (My knife is carried separately.)


It's not a bad little bag for $28. The zippers are easy to open, the straps hold the bag to my waist and leg securely but not so tight as to be uncomfortable, and it holds a fair amount of gear. I don't know if it will last for a decade plus like my old leg bag, but I'm willing to find out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.